The V60 is an easy and simple way to brew a clean, bright tasting filter coffee. Works particularly well on light roasts.
What You'll Need:
- Paper Filter
- Grinder (optional)
- Scales or a tablespoon
- Filtered Water
- Thermometer (optional)
- A mug or decanter
Let's Brew This
Best Roast to Use: Filter
16g (3 tablespoons)
93 ° C
2:30 - 3:00
- Boil your kettle with just enough filtered water. Place your paper filter into the V60 and your V60 onto your vessel
- Once the kettle has boiled, leave it for 1 minute to cool to 93°c
- If using a grinder, weigh out and grind 16g of coffee on a medium coarse setting
- Rinse the paper with hot filter water and discard from the vessel
- Scoop 16g, or 3 tablespoons, of coffee into the filter. Gently shake to create an even surface on the coffee
- Slowly pour 30ml of hot water evenly onto the coffee. Start your timer. Gentle stir or swirl the water to ensure coffee is evenly saturated. Wait 30 seconds.
- At 30 seconds gradually pour the water onto the coffee, moving in a circular motion to ensure all the coffee extracts evenly. Gradually continuing adding water until you reach 250ml
- Aim for a total brew time of 2:30 – 3:00 minutes for all of the water to finish draining through the coffee
If you find your water runs through the coffee too quickly try grinding a little finer or adding a little more coffee when next brewing. If you find the water runs through the coffee too slowly try grinding a little coarser or adding a little less coffee when next brewing.
You may also like
We will let you know when new coffees arrive, latest news and discounts!