The Clever Dripped is our favourite brewer for repeatability. This brewing method gives you the best of both worlds - a full-bodied coffee that has balance, acidity and sweetness. Best used with light and medium roasts.
What You'll Need:
- Clever Dripper
- Paper Filter
- Grinder (optional)
- Scales or a tablespoon
- Filtered Water
- Thermometer (optional)
- A mug or decanter
Let's Brew This
Best Roast to Use: Filter
24g (5 tablespoons)
93 ° C
3:00 - 3:30
- Boil your kettle with just enough filtered water. Fold the paper filter at the bottom and side, and place into the Clever Dripper
- Once the kettle has boiled, leave it for 1 minute to cool to 93°c
- If using a grinder, weigh out and grind 24g of coffee on a fairly coarse setting
- Place the Clever Dripped onto the vessel and rinse the paper with hot filter water. Discard any leftover water
- Scoop 24g, or 5 tablespoons, of coffee into the filter. Gently shake to create an even surface on the coffee
- Slowly pour 50ml of hot water evenly onto the coffee. Start your timer. Gentle stir or swirl the water to ensure coffee is evenly saturated. Wait 30 seconds.
- At 30 seconds gradually pour the remaining 350ml of water onto the coffee and place on the dripper’s lid
- At 2:30 mins place the Clever Dripper on the vessel, opening the dripper and draining the coffee
- Aim for a total brew time of 3:00 – 3:30 minutes for all of the water to finish draining through the coffee
If you reach the end of your brew before 3 minutes, try adding more coffee. If your total brew time is longer than 3:30 minutes try reducing the amount of coffee.
You may also like
We will let you know when new coffees arrive, latest news and discounts!