A go-to immersion brewing method for a bit more body and lower acidity than some filter brewers. A French Press is a consistent way to brew rich and creamy light to medium roasted coffee.
What You'll Need:
- French Press
- Scales or a tablespoon
- Filtered Water
- A Mug or Decanter
Let's Brew This
Best Roast to Use: Filter
16g (3 tablespoons)
93 ° C
- Boil your kettle with just enough filtered water. Once boiled, leave the kettle to stand for 1 minute to cool to 93°c
- If using a grinder, weigh out and grind 16g of coffee on a coarse setting, at a consistency similar to that of sea salt
- Scoop 16g, or 3 tablespoons, of coffee into the French Press
- Pour 250ml of hot water evenly onto the coffee. Start your timer
- At 4:00 minutes stir the coffee three times
- Place the filter onto the French Press and slowly plunge the coffee
If you find your coffee tastes weak or bitter, try adding a little more coffee. If you find the coffee tastes too strong or sour, try adding a little less.
You may also like
We will let you know when new coffees arrive, latest news and discounts!